So, you have undergone a teeth-whitening procedure at your dentist’s office or used a teeth-whitening product at home. The issue you are most concerned with is keeping your teeth pearly and maintaining that brilliant smile. While it is simple to whiten your teeth, you must ensure that they maintain their appearance by adhering to certain guidelines. Contact a dentist in Shelby Township to get help.
Avoid Food and beverages that discolor.
The best method to maintain white teeth is to prevent discoloration in the first place. Everyone knows coffee, red wine, and colored carbonated beverages can stain teeth. But there are additional substances that can discolor teeth, including:
- The white vino
- Blueberries, blackberries, pomegranates
- Barbecue marinade
- both green and black teas
- Sweet delights
- Marinara, curry, turmeric, and paprika are combined with balsamic vinegar.
If they cannot be avoided, limit your consumption. Rinse your palate with water within thirty minutes of ingestion to reduce the possibility of staining. Additionally, avoid smoking and ingesting tobacco, as both can discolor teeth.
Consume foods that will not discolor.
As food items can stain teeth, there are also foods that can whiten them. You can attempt the following foods to whiten your teeth:
- Apples – Apples promote gum health and saliva production, enabling them to remove stains from the teeth.
- Milk, cheese, and yogurt are calcium-rich and may fortify teeth’ enamel and improve their appearance.
- Nuts, celery, broccoli, and carrots are all nutritious foods. Due to their abrasiveness, these can remove stains.
- Raw scallions – The sulfur in raw scallions prevents the formation of dental plaque.
- Strawberries – Celebrities use a strawberry and baking soda mixture. Strawberries contain malic acid, which eliminates surface stains from teeth.
- Brush and floss consistently
Flossing and brushing twice daily should be part of your daily regimen. Using an electric toothbrush is more effective than using a traditional toothbrush. The vibrating heads are superior to manual combing for removing stains.
Utilize a whitening toothpaste.
Whitening toothpaste is a common way to maintain pearly teeth. Due to the presence of abrasives and chemicals, whitening toothpaste may eradicate light surface stains and polish away discoloration. Some whitening toothpaste contains enzymes and antibacterial agents that delay the accumulation of proteins on teeth and the spread of bacteria.
Brush your teeth with dental mousse.
Tooth mousse contains ingredients that can remineralize tooth enamel, reversing or preventing tooth damage. While the mousse has no whitening properties, it can be used in conjunction with various whitening products to reduce sensitivity.
There are several home remedies that have not been scientifically validated, including:
Some people use banana peel and lemon rind to whiten their teeth by rubbing them on their enamel. After 10 minutes, it continues to be advisable to clean one’s teeth.
Brushing with baking soda – Baking soda is well-known for its teeth-whitening and antibacterial properties.