We all know that it is important to maintain good health. However, do you include oral health equally? Having good oral hygiene is going to help you prevent dental issues. Preventive dentistry is all about taking care of your gums and teeth and maintaining good oral hygiene as well as keeps them healthy.
What is preventive dentistry?
It is dental care that helps you have a good oral hygiene. It includes regular dental examination as well as developing good habits such as flossing and brushing, which is equal to your daily routine. Good oral habits and teeth care starts when you are a toddler and ends till the time you are old.
Benefits of preventive dentistry important
Thebenefits of having a regular dentistry
- Lowers risks of tooth decay, gum infections and many more diseases.
- Promotes better oral hygiene ideas like brushing twice a day and flossing.
- Identifies problems before serious damage is done.
You visit a dentist only when you seem to feel uneasy and you notice that the things are not normal, experience pain etc. If you add this to your yearly task it gets better. You get to cure yourself sooner. Besides, it turns out to be less expensive and so on.
If you live in San Diego and want to find a dentist Rancho Bernardo has one that you may love, then Dr Reza Hekmat is highly qualified. Her staff provides the finest family and cosmetic dental care near you. They also provide you with personalized, quality care that you deserve
Service under preventive dentistry
Make sure that you have all the information while choosing a plan. You need to know the limits and duration of the services that are being offered to you
- Regular oral checkup that usually has to be done every six months
- Teeth whitening
- Routine x-rays
Rancho Bernardo dentist provides all necessary information and treats you accordingly. There should be a time gap between every check-up.
Way of preventive dentistry at home
It is important to have good oral habits in your day to day routine. Taking care of your oral hygiene can help you. There are homely ways you can practice daily preventive dentistry:
- Brush your teeth using a fluoride toothpaste and with soft-bristled brush at least 2 times a day (usually morning and night). Usually, the dentist may provide you with the best toothpaste and brushes they know about. They do even guide you on how to clean your teeth and brush them well.
- Floss daily to remove the leftover food from the gap. Helps in not getting plaque
- Use mouth wash to remove all dirt after flossing.
- Avoid food items that contain acid. It can damage your enamel.
- You may have weak teeth that can get the chip. Be careful when having hard candies, food with bone, seeds or pits
- Stop smoking and using tobacco products they can cause cancer or any harmful oral disease
- Wear a mouth guard when you take part in any sports. It prevents damage from any harm.
- If you want braces for the night, ask your dentist for a mouth guard to aid in crooked teeth and reduce gum recession.
Preventive dentistry for kids:
It is easy to develop good oral hygiene habits when you practice them from your childhood. As soon as a baby starts the teething, you can start your oral routines, preventive which make it easier later in life.Preventive dentistry in kids can help you identify problems quickly and the treatment can begin, which will be great for your pocket as well.
- Teach good dental habits including brushing twice a day and flossing, guidance in thumb sucking. Proving healthy food that will give you healthy teeth.
- Regular teeth cleaning and oral checkups , usually every 6 months
- Routine x-ray to see jaws and teeth developments.
- Fitting mouth guard if needed
- Get braces if teeth are crooked
- They make sure to examine well and identify a dental issue that can come because of health
Always try and find a trust worthy dentist. Having a trusted family dentist can always be safe and comfortable. If you don’t have a family dentist you can always cross-check your dental issue with a different dentist and continue where you are comfortable. You can always find the best dentist Rancho Bernando with good treatments.
Oral treatment throughout preventive dentistry:
When you go for a normal dental care plan, the dentist follows the following examination:
Oral cancer screening: The dentist offers oral examinations using advance equipments and around like neck, tissues
X-rays: Sometimes, x-rays may be necessary to detect tumors, cysts, decay, and bone loss. To know better about the root and position of teeth the dentist uses an x-ray.
Test for gum diseases: Sometimes, your dentist will check the gums and the bones surrounding the teeth for any sort of diseases that can grow there.
Checking your old treatments: If you had any treatments done in the past like filling, covers, root canal, bridges, then the dentist will check it and make sure there are no issues there.
The expense of preventive dental care!
Dental treatment can cost a bomb. However, maintaining preventive dental care can cost less because it’s just going to be just about examining every time. The price all depends on the plan you choose for yourself, especially in those time when you’ve had a lot of treatments done.
Preventive dental care is very important for all of us. It helps in keeping you healthy. Maintain your oral hygiene. Cures problem even before it gets worst. Two visits every year can make your and your family’s dental issue better. Continue having a healthy oral life by following the necessary home routine.